Taught by Professional Photographer and member of OC Photography Center, Michael Sweeney.
Have you ever wondered why the background of pictures are pleasantly blurred? How about that cool image of the child blowing out the candles on the birthday cake but they are not the typical white faced blasted look? Have you ever wanted to make art for your walls but none of your pictures look like those you see for sale? Have you wondered why so many of your snapshots look like everyone elses?
If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions, then this is the class for you.
This class is for those that have either completed our beginning photography class or have been working on their own and would like to take their photography to a new level. This class is where we will review the basics and then take things forward so you can start to be the artist you want to be.
The class will cover the following topics.
- Basic camera operation refresh
- What is light, really?
- Small lights vs. large lights – your pop up flash vs. the sun for example
- Why is any of this important?
- Shoot to the right
- Sunny Rule of 16
- Design Principles – How do I get the pictures to just grab you?
- The rule of thirds
- The golden ratio
- Shoot high/shoot low
- Don’t be a bullseye
- Why the subject doesnt have to always look at you
- A bit of blur can be a good thing
- Flash is your friend at any time of the day or night
- Why use a flash
- Shootout at high noon or how I learned to love the sun
- How to use flash as an accent
- How to avoid that lovely white blasted vampire look
- Capturing Pixels
- What is all this about megapixals and what do I really need?
- Why are over exposing highlights really bad?
- The great war, JPEG vs RAW files
- Does the lens really matter?
- OK, I have pictures, now what do I do with them?
- Anyone can print now, using online labs
- Resolution and what it really means to you
- Color space and no, it’s not something from Home Depot
- Editing on the cheap, options for the non-pro but enthusiastic user
- Putting pictures up on the web
- How can I make a book or calendar?
Evenings: Tuesday evenings
Dates: February 28th & March 6th, 2012
Time: 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm.
Where: At the OC Photography Center
Remember to bring your camera, something to take notes and smiles!
Please reserve your spot a least a week before first class. Thank you. Look forward to a great class!